Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Recycled Jack O'Lantern Magic

Where have I been, you ask? I have been trying to remove labels from my food jars so I could make these darling Jack O'Lanterns!



All I can say is some of the adhesives used on food jars do not want to release the labels. Hot water and elbow grease is my preferred method of removal, but geesh! It takes a heck of a lot of work. It's almost scary...



This is the simple shape face. Darling, isn't he?




The paper I used to cover the jars is also recycled from a kitchen item I received from last Christmas! I saved it because it was these huge pieces of perfect orange and finally I found the perfect use!

And the black paper pieces are scraps from another project! I love it!



I'm going to place my pumpkin spice tea lights in them and place them in the window so maybe we'll get a few trick or treaters this year...

This recycling trick is a real treat!

Happy Halloween!!!

8 comments:

BeckyKay said...

These are so cute! They'd look so cute lined up along my sidewalk with candles inside!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

What a great idea for a kids craft!Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very clever. I bet they look great lit up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly!

Welcome back to Blogland - I've missed you.

I've had a similar experience with label adhesives. Are you familiar with a product called "Goo Gone"? It's magic with all types of labels.

I like what you did with the jars - very spook-tacular. :-)

Kate

Unknown said...

Those are really great!

elisa said...

oh i love it! now you don't have to ruin a beautiful pumpkin to carve it. these are really cool.

Tia Colleen said...

Those are totally cute!!