Friday, August 1, 2008

The Art that Gave Birth to Boxing Day

I listed a copy of the art that gave birth to my shop Boxing Day this morning.

I plan to sell some prints of the art piece too at some point... but for now, a big magnet is my homemade version.

A few months ago, I was so afraid when I thought about opening my shop. I didn't trust myself. Even though all the signs were pointing to open the damn thing already, I still felt fearful and worried and all those good things we do as human animals.

So what does an artist do when things are confusing or scary? They make art! I worked in collage which is something I rarely do. And I used words which again is something I rarely do.

Explore for yourself here!
























What else is going on in my world? Thank you for asking!

The usual crazy recycling insanity abounds! My dear friend Buzz gave me seventeen of these plastic containers and I am going to turn some of them into yarn homes for knitters. I think they will be awesome. Thanks, Buzz!




















Listen for the tune "Goin' to the Chapel"

Eatin' a big tub of yogurt,
Givin' the container to Kelly.
Eatin' a big tub of yogurt,
Givin' the container to Kelly!

She'll turn it in to a yarn home,
Sell it on her Etsy site,
A big yarn home filled with love!

Stay tuned for the next episode where I talk about the musical I want to write every year after watching the Tony Awards!

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Etsy said...

Great Blog

13 Delancey Street said...

I love the collage! Dying to see what you do with all the yogurt containers, since they tend to pile up at our house too. They'll be delighted to hear there's a song :-)