Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nesting

There has been a bit of buzz around the little swallows nests made out of beads. I guess I'm always surprised when people are excited about what I'm making. I mean I get excited but it is still a great and wonderful thing when someone e-mails me and asks me about what I've made!

All I did was glue giant 1970s macrame beads together that my aunt sent me. I sanded them to look more organic. Then I glued moss that I had saved for almost 20 years into some of the little nests.

I love the swallows. Their homes are very close to mine and I see them every morning. They are my friends, whether they know it or not.
























































The ruler in this photo was from one of my grandparents' visits to Florida. I still use it after all of these years!

More soon, ether friends.

No comments: