Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Box of Light Inside My Brain

So even though the box of light (tv) is off, there is one inside my brain that is always on.

During this morning's walk, I saw landscaping gentlemen from two different companies. One had green shirts on and one had red shirts on. They were working across the street from one another. In my brain's box of light, I saw a Scrubs-type musical number in my head...

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..." They drop their rakes and clippers and run towards each other and begin to dance as they sing. "...everywhere you go..." And then it starts to snow!
"There's a tree in the Grand Hotel, one in the park as well, The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow..."

So as I'm working this afternoon, (I'm scraping paint with an old credit card , Target coupons in background made into a flower, toliet paper roll wreath nearby, and cereal box art painted green all as my friends) the box of light in my brain comes up with a new show...




















In my mind I can see the newest Bravo Reality/Competition show in the vein of Project Runway or Top Chef or Top Design or Shear Genius:

Crafty Folks!

Listen as Martha Stewart presents the challenge:

"Take these salt and pepper shakers,





















this dog,
























and this rock...















and make something you can sell on Etsy for an astounding amount of money. The person who sells their item for the most money will win immunity. Now make it work!"






Here is the winning item in the episode in my head...























It sold for $28. I have immunity! I have immunity!

Oh wait... this isn't a real show... this is all in my head. Dammit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

I have been lurking on your blog for a while now, and I have to tell you how much I enjoy reading it. Having grown up without a tv, my childhood was filled with those type of thoughts from the "box of light in my brain". I think that's what made me able to sit alone all day and create. After a few years of trying to make it in the corporate world, I'm much happier with much less (income and stress, that is).

Congrats on winning immunity! Good luck next week :)

Thanks for a great "read".

Kate

Kelly said...

Kate,

You are welcome! I appreciate what you said. I'm glad to know that people are reading my blog... I was nodding my head at your one entry about the range of you topics... and I feel the same way. Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes I'm a big fluffy goofball.

Your jewelry is beautiful. I'm going to poke around your shop more later...

Thanks for letting me know that this entry made sense to someone else besides me!

:o) Kel