Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Walking and Picking

When I go for my morning walks, I want to pick up everything I see that is even the slightest bit interesting and bring it home and make it into a project. If I had picked up everything I wanted to bring home this morning, the list would look like this:

1. A child's fake red nails with yellow stars on them - quantity: three.

2. A teeny tiny orange football thing with holes in it. From a distance, I thought it was a pile of Kraft mac and cheese because of the color.

3. A giant pile of big pieces of square styrofoam. Gosh, I wanted that.

4. Twenty-seven seed pods and the worms living in them.

I think that was it this morning.

And what would I have made with these items, you ask? Something that looked like this:




















Because even trash and junk can be beautiful!

1 comment:

Ravenswick said...

I love the concept of creating art from from recycled, found objects. My Dad always taught me to re-use, recycle long before it became "popular" to do so. Happy Birthday and best of luck with your Etsy Store.