Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Challenge: Creating 100 Items in a Week

I decided to create 100 items this week. It is a mix of things that will be for sale and also my surprise gifts that I send to Etsy customers when they order.

I am now going to illustrate the insanity in my being as I am struggling with this self-imposed challenge.

Monday. I felt like the craft devil was chasing me. You can tell this is the craft devil because there is a wreath in the non-pitchfork hand. One item complete.





















Tuesday morning, I felt like I was hanging by a string and fear was imminent. One item complete, sixteen others started.





















Tuesday afternoon. Why did I think I could do this? My brain was feeling kind of moldy. One item complete, twenty-seven started.
















And then Tuesday evening, I felt a certain push of imagination. A place I had walked a gazillion, trillion, billion times. One item complete, forty-eight started.







Wednesday morning. Obviously in the night I had been sleep-crafting or the cats were nice enough to get into my studio and finish some things for me or my other personality that does not write this blog worked on some things. Forty-eight items complete, fifteen started.

















Wednesday now. I feel serene. Like this challenge will be accomplished. I wasn't sure at first. I'm really good at giving myself too much to do all the time. This time, though, I'm going to get to one hundred items and if I stop writing this blog, I might get there ahead of my deadline! Ah!

Serenity now.

















And as for my husband. This will be Skippy on Friday, happy, as he is looking forward to his weekend. It is hard work being one of the characters in a Dr. Seuss book.

4 comments:

SarahKelley said...

hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Kel,
You're hilarious. Love this photo!
Monica

Cherry Lane Jane said...

you cracked me up! great challenge for yourself and great way to show us!

Anonymous said...

Very funny - I'm exhausted just thinking about doing 100 items in one week!

Kate