Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Everybody loves cake!
















So I thought readers might want to know something new about me. For a short time last fall, I thought I was going to become the Space of Cakes. I say space, because I am not an ace. As in just about every creative endeavor I undertake, I do my best to figure it out from the tv and internet. These cakes comes from the space in my head as I am certainly no Duff!

It started with this present cake. I did it for a friend's daughter's 18th birthday. The inside was dark mocha cake with vanilla buttercream and then a layer of fondant to make it pretty!


















I then made cupcakes for a wedding shower for another friend. She had created her wedding invitation, so I then copied her design for cupcakes!


















The last fondant project I undertook was brownie points. It was an attempt to win a Halloween contest at work.















Alas, it did not work. But I did think of the scariest thing I could create in fondant and show people: a pig eating bacon. Does it get any scarier than that?

















Why did I stop making cakes? Because a little white cat came to live with us who could jump on counters. Here she is on her first day... sigh!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh those all look soooo good! :) I wish I was that talented with food.

Tasha Early said...

Wow! Everything you made looks great! (I especially like the pig. Frightening!)