Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In a New York State of Mind

I'm in a New York State of mind today.

Since I'm not feeling too well, I turned on the Today show and started thinking about travelling. And then I started to think about New York.

Skippy and I went in February of 2007 to see the rehearsal of Saturday Night Live. We went for several days and walked mile after mile. Skippy and I both like to explore in a meandering whatever catches our attention way.

It was freaking cold when we were there... but I had to pull out a few photos from that trip and post them here.

This is a church we took refuge in from the cold for a few minutes. There was no one inside. Tremendous.



This park had amazing sculptures. I just remember I wasn't sure if I really wanted to take my mittens off to pop off a couple shots.



Below are a few photos from the old port in NYC. And the Spam painting was in the neighborhood and I just thought it was funny.






Skippy gets on camera at Rockerfeller Plaza because he's just that good.



Quintessential view from my friend Andrew's apartment in Queens.



Alright. I'm back to the reality of Southern California and it's warm temperatures and sunny days... sigh.

4 comments:

jenscloset said...

I love NYC! I was only there once a few years back..in the summer and they had some great street sales!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog and wanted to give you a big New York hello!

Kelly Basinger said...

Thanks Mel!

T.Allen said...

Does Andrew live in Astoria? I grew up there, the shot looks familiar!